Interested in learning about the fast paced and upcoming world of IoT and Telematics? We are looking for an entry level technician to join our team and support our customers. This is a remote position so you will need your own computer with internet access.
Daily activities of our L1 technicians are as follows:
- Address support tickets – These support tickets can be as simple as someone asking how to replace batteries to changing passwords.
- Assist customers via website chat – Our website has a chat feature that allows customers to communicate with our tech support, engineers or customer service. Your role will require you to be the first line of defense in answering the incoming chat messages.
- Answer L1 Tech Support phone calls – You will be provided with a USB headset that you can use to answer tech support phone calls.
- Work directly with our hardware engineers and software developers to provide customer feedback so we can make a better product. You are our companies eyes and ears and hear the comments directly from our customers. Do you think we need a new feature in our app? If so, you will be able to work directly with our team to get these new features added.
- Customer Service overflow – If our customer service team is unable to get to a call, email or support ticket, it would be your responsibility to jump in and assist. Many times this is something simple like a cancelation of service or changing of a credit card on file.
We will provide all the training on our software and be working directly with you to help the whole way. Although you will be working from home, we keep open lines of communication so we can all help each other out if needed.
- Computer with internet access
- Quiet room to answer tech support phone calls
- Ability to keep detailed notes about your conversation
- Troubleshooting skills
- Background in technology
- Familiar with internet protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, etc
- Familiar with Python
For all Work-at-Home opportunities, we have the following requirements. *Please note that we do not provide hardware/equipment and we are unable to accept Chromebooks.*
- Operating System (OS): Windows 10 or higher – (must be native & activated) OR MacOS (Latest version required & the Mac itself must be no more than 5 years old)
- Processor: 2 Core processor needs a 2.0 GHz minimum clock speed OR 4 Core processor needs a 1.6 GHz minimum clock speed
- RAM: 3GB or higher
- Monitor Size: At least one 15″ or larger monitor (more than one will make things easier)
- USB headset (one will be provided, or you can use your own)
- Webcam specifically for your intended work computer (Recommend ensuring Skype-compatible)
- A quiet, distraction-free environment for the duration of your shift minus any breaks
- You must have DSL, Cable, or Fiber internet only – we are unable to accept fixed wireless, hotspot, or satellite internet.
- Internet speeds of at least 2mbps download, 1mbps upload, with ideally less than 100ms ping and jitter to ensure a reliable internet connection (there is an internet speed test linked in the application)
- The ability to have a direct, Ethernet connection to ensure a reliable internet connection
Pay will depend on experience and availability. This position is a contract position and will require 4-8 hours per day. Pay ranges will be between $14/hr to $20/hr. After your first 3 months, your direct supervisor will perform a review of your work and may offer a full time position. Advancements to L2 and Management are available and we prefer to hire internally.
We do not hire, interview, or collect any personal (financial or password) information via social media messenger or text message. While we do hold interviews via hangout or video conference, we’ll never ask you for your banking information during an interview.